Tuesday, October 9, 2007

ROOM WITH A VIEW

Dave, Carol and myself left Maputo for Inhambane. It was less than 500 clicks but due to the roads being the most damaged of the trip it took close to 7 hours to get there. I think Dave and myself felt a weird guilt leaving Maputo for what was pretty much a vacation destination. We wanted to swim with the whale sharks so we suffered through the beach paradise for a day.




Dude was sleeping at 100km an hour...

The Hut Depot


Almost there


Fernando was one of my favorites. At 11 years old the kid was a briliant hustler and spoke amazing english that he picked up from tourists. The next day he was waiting at our car to give him a ride to school.

The view from my room

We didn't have a waterproof camera so I stole this photo from google. We swam with 5 different sharks the biggest being about 25 feet which is small according to the scientist that was with us. (yes we were with a creepy whale shark scientist, even had the shark tattoo) I don't usually get that impressed with touristy type shit that involves searching for whales but literally being 2 feet away from the biggest thing I have ever seen in the water was amazing.


No comments: